Monday, 3 April 2017

WHAT?!?!? AN AGE GAP:?!?!?



I’ve always had crushes on older people. I find the idea of having someone more mature watching over me and telling me what to do really hot. My parents weren’t too happy about that because age gaps in my relationships started pretty early for me. I was dating boys 3 years older than me when I was in grade 9 and having crushes on older people in grade 6. All the girls had the hots for Mr. Mandryk. I was included.

My Grandma Marg (my Mother’s Mother) was 9 years older than my Grandpa. She rarely told anyone about the age gap and lied to people about it just like she lied about her age. Since I’ve come into the LGBTQ community I have seen many more age gaps then outside of it. I personally don’t understand why there is such a hush hush about age gaps. Who cares about a woman in her 20’s dating a 40 year old? I personally believe that as long as they are consensual that is all that matters. Maybe because there is no stigma with age gaps in the community? Maybe because my community understands that there’s not as many lgbtq people to have relationships with as there are straight?


No comments:

Post a Comment