Monday, 3 April 2017

Medical Shit

I don’t remember a lot of my life. I can remember a fair chunk of my life but there’s bits and pieces missing. More important events to be specific. When they did the brain surgery, they took out the part of the brain that holds memory. I have the memory on the right side of the brain still but it doesn’t work as well as it used to. Another thing is that because my medications are so strong, they take a toll on my memory also. But I just go day to day. Sure I’m going to have to ask a couple times about something to make sure that I am doing it correctly but that’s ok. You get used to it and you just have to enjoy your time that you have still.

Coloring is an essential therapy option. I don’t care your gender, you should have a favorite coloring book and some crayons or pencils or markers. Putting the pen to paper and focusing on the coloring instead of the problems going through your head. I own probably over 20 coloring books but that’s ok because when I’m stressed I pick one and just take my mind off everything. It’s nice to have a variety because I like to do different themed pictures for when I’m upset about different things.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is one of those things that never, ever goes away. It eats at you like you are a tasty treat and it needs another bite. You hear them saying that you have to do a specific thing one more time or they will nag at you until you start having a panic attack. Once you start having the attack you can’t stop it. You’re stuck. You have to just pull through and survive. A panic attack is not something that you can just “pull away” from.

No comments:

Post a Comment